At Scan2Archive the whole scanning process has been Quality Accredited and audited to AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 standard. We follow stringent project management processes to ensure to most accurate and timely results are achieved. Whether it’s scanning medical records, invoices, customer contracts, development applications, engineering plans, leather bound books, microfilm or aperture cards, Scan2Archive employ tried and tested digitization workflow.
There are five important steps in the digitisation process
Your digitisation needs are unique. We listen in order to understand your requirements and expectations. Where possible, we prefer to visit you and understand first hand the requirements for your scanning project. This allows us to recommend the most efficient way to transform your paper records into functional digital files.
Scan2Archive offer a secure document collection service using our own drivers and company vehicles. We also have access nationally to sensitive transport operators for reliable and safe freight forwarding of your documents.
Batch header sheets are used for every box to track file, page and image count Internal Quality Control processes are followed to track every box and file through each of the digitisation stages. The preparation stage can include the following:
- Audit box against box list
- Remove documents from the boxes / sleeves / clips / rings etc
- Unfold corners and pages
- Remove staples/clips
- Repair any paper tears
- Place Post-It notes in a vacant space or remove if blank
- Place the pages back in their boxes for document scanning
- Remove the plans from the folders
- Unfold and back roll the plans to remove tight curl on leading edge
- Unfold corners and repair tears as required, using archival tape
- Remove dust and dirt particles to prevent scan lines on the image
- Highly fragile plans are placed inside a protective sleeve for scanning
During the Document Scanning phase each page is hand-fed through the scanner to reduce mis-feeds and double feeds.
For Plan Scanning, each plan is hand-fed for maximum care and quality output. The scanned images are viewed on calibrated hi-res monitors and re-scanned if quality control standards are not met. Images are straightened, rotated, cropped, color corrected (if needed) and blank pages removed.
Scanned samples are forwarded to you for approval before we proceed with complete batch scans.
Using advanced character recognition software and stringent quality control checks, we extract data from scanned records and provide it in digital form. This is extremely valuable when processing large volumes of similar documents (e.g. Invoices, time sheets, sales orders)
Our team of highly skilled staff are capable of accurate and fast data entry. This service takes the stress away of hiring and training temporary staff in your business for short term contracts. Scan2Archive data entry services connect seamlessly into the scanning project for minimal downtime and total ownership of project deliverables.
Under our ISO Quality certification, we have developed extensive quality assurance processes and procedures, which are audited annually.
Scan2Archive is also approved under the NSW Government procurement programme for IT Services, sub-category 02 – Digitisation
The quality process of digitisation also covers:
- Checking file quantity matches provided list
- All Files will be signed off on the accompanying worksheet as they successfully pass through the preparation, scanning and image QC stages
- Checking file count compared to source
- Checking image file name matches provided list (if available)
- Checking format of finalised documents are to agreed requirements
- Checking for file corruption during transfer to media drives
- Updating original file list with variances
- Final QC check of images and data are correct before delivery
Scanned files and associated digital assets are made available via a secure FTP link. Additionally, Scan2Archive can provide access via online file sharing services or deliver a portable hard drive directly to you.
Once we have received your approval to shred documents, they are securely stored at Scan2Archive’s scanning facility for 8 weeks and then industrially shredded and pulped to NSW Government standards.
Alternatively, the original documents can be returned to you (if requested) using our secure document return service.
Even after all images and data has been delivered to you, Scan2Archive can retain a mirrored back of your files on our secure servers as another layer of redundancy.